Program Oversight & Project Management
GBS teams provide program oversight and project management services to customers in all of the industries we serve – from construction projects of semi-submersible rigs and vessels, to systems design and integration, to major equipment overhauls of trains, oil rigs, and U.S. Navy ships and Army watercraft.Army / Navy
GBS licensed Mechanical, Marine and Civil Engineers provide Program and Project Management services, including:
- Scheduling and cost engineering services for major projects including oil and gas exploration, LNG storage systems, refineries, shipbuilding and ship repair, power, process/industrial, food projects, automation, transportation and environmental.
- Hands-on involvement in the design, manufacture, project and contract management, including cost controls, scheduling, contract/program audits, and construction processes from design through commissioning for large-scale projects with values as high as $5 billion USD.
- Project Management service to rail operators for everything from onboard communications systems (Wi-Fi, remote health monitoring, passenger information, etc.) design, installation, and O&M to implementation of reliability programs, training programs, and equipment overhauls and upgrades.
- Program and Engineering Management support to the U.S. Navy’s Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division – Ship Systems Engineering Station (NSWCCD-SSES) with In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) and Life Cycle Engineering Management (LCEM) in the areas of:
- Total Ship Information Management Systems (TSIMS), Submarine Maintenance Management Information Systems (SMMIS), and Operational Sequencing System (OSS)
- Service Life Extension Programs (SLEP) for Army Watercraft
- Oil Spill Prevention Initiatives (OGBS’ Navy project management support work includes the development of long-range plans, schedules and alteration packages, technical/design input, revision recommendations for Government review, recommendations and updates to technical manuals, installation drawings and procedures, as well as other technical documentation for systems, equipment and components.
- Project and Shipyard Management, including scheduling, surveying, cost management control of construction and production projects, and quality assurance and control.
- Risk Management and Claims & Litigation Services: Our multi-disciplined teams have experience in Risk Management Planning, Risk Identification, Risk Response, and Risk Monitoring and Control. Should disputes materialize, we assist our clients in dealing successfully with claims, including expert participation at negotiation, mediation, arbitration and trial.
Rail / Transportation