GBS initially developed the Maintenance Events Analysis Program (MEAP™) for the rail industry as a comprehensive, end-to-end solution that automatically extracts and analyzes faults and events from the locomotive. MEAP™ interfaces with existing hardware and uses state-of-the-art technology to obtain and analyze system and component diagnostic information, then wirelessly transfers and reports critical alerts within two minutes of discovery by the MEAP™ system, providing real-time monitoring and asset tracking (location). MEAP™ provides reporting functions, including individual unit health reports, as well as fleet reports, including analysis of data/trending and feedback to maintenance teams. The MEAP™ system includes a Web-based portal with a remote interface database system.
Benefits of MEAP™
- Increases reliability through remote health monitoring and response initiation.
- Automated, remote downloading of the centralized on-board processor event files, alleviating the need to extract event files manually outside of revenue service.
- Automated uploading of logged events from the on-board system to the MEAP™ Web Portal for users to view and query faults for monitoring and analysis.
- Provides near real-time (within 60 seconds) train position, speed, direction and time stamped via satellite vectors.
- Allows for continual development and update of evolving technical knowledge that is used for training mechanical and engineering personnel.
Rail / Transportation