The GBS Group has experience in designing, developing, installing, troubleshooting, aligning, and performance monitoring of software and hardware systems. Our Maintenance Events Analysis Program, known as MEAP™ is one such example. This system provides a comprehensive, end-to-end solution for remote tracking of locomotives, alerting for critical faults, reporting and trending analysis, learning and training, administrative and subscribing options, and authentication protections.
GBS initially developed the Maintenance Events Analysis Program (MEAP™) for the rail industry as a comprehensive, end-to-end solution that automatically extracts and analyzes faults and events from the locomotive. MEAP™ interfaces with existing hardware and uses state-of-the-art technology to obtain and analyze system and component diagnostic information, then wirelessly transfers and reports critical alerts within two minutes of discovery by the MEAP™ system, providing real-time monitoring and asset tracking (location). MEAP™ provides reporting functions, including individual unit health reports, as well as fleet reports, including analysis of data/trending and feedback to maintenance teams. The MEAP™ system includes a Web-based portal with a remote interface database system.
Benefits of MEAP™
- Increases reliability through remote health monitoring and response initiation.
- Automated, remote downloading of the centralized on-board processor event files, alleviating the need to extract event files manually outside of revenue service.
- Automated uploading of logged events from the on-board system to the MEAP™ Web Portal for users to view and query faults for monitoring and analysis.
- Provides near real-time (within 60 seconds) train position, speed, direction and time stamped via satellite vectors.
- Allows for continual development and update of evolving technical knowledge that is used for training mechanical and engineering personnel.